Hoopla green shabby blogs

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Summer Snapshots, Day 37

I really enjoyed today.

The weather was beautiful, so we went to meet Chad at his office for a picnic lunch.
Then we went to what we call "the farm".
It's more like a little nature preserve, but you can see all kinds of small animals and rescued wildlife.
For some reason, the kids never tire of this place - probably because there is always something new and interesting there.
Today it was a bobcat!
Anyhow, this lonely picture was taken in the butterfly garden, and then my camera battery died.
I think that was a blessing.
I didn't think about taking pictures, I just enjoyed the rest of our time.
After visiting all the animals, we headed down to the river.
The kids love to wade in & skip stones & just generally explore.
That is what I consider perfect kid activity!
Wander around, explore the outdoors, breathe the fresh air, appreciate God's creation......
I think there is nothing more relaxing than sitting by the river and watching the water slowly meander by.
We came home and relaxed some more....the kids watched a movie, I did some reading and (gasp!) took a little snooze.
After dinner, I asked various kids to take a walk with me and I had no takers.
Chad jokingly said - "well, I'd love to go."
So I said - "Well, why can't we?  The kids will be fine while we walk around the neighborhood for 15 minutes!"
So we put Audrey "in charge" (lol) and took a nice walk on a beautiful evening. 
We even got to hold hands.  :)
A great ending to an all-around enjoyable day!

No comments:

Post a Comment