Hoopla green shabby blogs

Sunday, September 7, 2014

And then she was 11.

This year instead of a "birthday party", Audrey decided on inviting a few friends to spend the day at the beach with us for her birthday.  So bright & early, I packed up my van with these 4 awesome girls and we were off for a super fun day in Ocean City!

 The girls spent a LOT of time in the water riding waves.
 Worked on a few sand castles....
 Played some paddle ball....

 I actually got to do some of this....my favorite beach activity is actually reading fashion magazines.
I think the last time I did this was about 1998.
I'm only slightly exaggerating....
 One of the girls got buried in the sand....
 Then we got cleaned up and were off to cruise the boardwalk. :)
The funniest thing about this picture is that I used to cruise the boardwalk....IN THOSE EXACT SAME STYLE SUNGLASSES.
It all comes back into style, folks.
 We had dinner at "Big Slice".  I bet you can guess what we ate for dinner. :)
And by the way - they didn't wear those sunglasses through dinner.
I just thought they looked so cute in them so I made the girls put them back on!
 On the prowl....for hermit crabs.
And about 2 zillion trips to the bathroom. :)
 3 out of 4 girls LOVED this ride.  And one definitely did not.
I'm afraid we traumatized her. :(
But the other girls were able to cheer her right back up.
The girls were all so sweet, and they all got along so well together.
I hear about "mean girls" but thankfully Audrey has yet to experience that.
All 5 of us!
We had quite the adventurous trip home including weaving drivers, traffic jams at 10pm, giggling girls, and bathroom emergencies!
We made it home late but I bet everyone slept well.
As for me, I have spent the "day after" feeling like I got hit by a truck.
But it was so worth it....I think it was a day to remember. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment