Hoopla green shabby blogs

Saturday, September 13, 2014

September Snapshots: Suzy Q. Homemaker Saturday

It all started with this:
 Actually, there were more like 3x this many tomatoes on my countertops.....

So I decided to make tomato sauce.
Before:
 And, AFTER: 

While the tomato sauce was bubbling on the stove all afternoon, I decided to make some kind of pumpkin-y treat.  I chose a recipe I just saw on pinterest the other day, Pumpkin Pie Snickerdoodles.
Chloe had fun helping me make them. :)
 Well, the recipe only called for about half the can of pumpkin.
What to do with the other half of the can....hate to let all that yummy pumpkin goodness go to waste!
Then I remembered a recipe I saw in my Allrecipes magazine....Pumpkin Whoopie Pies.
 Not too shabby.
They got thumbs up from the kids too (and Audrey's friend who was over)!

I love to bake and seem to never have time to do so (or the energy for that matter.....)
Today was such a rainy day, it just seemed like the thing to do.....
And now the house smells delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff! You're a great cook and baker! More importantly, I love how you involve your children in the process!

    ReplyDelete