Hoopla green shabby blogs

Friday, August 1, 2014

Summer Snapshots, Day 40: August Goals

Day 40!  I have made some major progress on my blogging!

Today was a regular old summer day.....some friends came over for lunch, we went swimming, the kids watched too much TV again.....I couldn't get my cooking act together so we went to Chick-fil-a for dinner.... :)

This afternoon I was catching up on some blogs I like to read and one of them inspired me to make some monthly goals.

I generally hate making goals.  I actually love the idea of goals, but then I can't live up to my own high expectations, and then I feel like a failure.  So in lieu of all this drama....I just avoid making goals.  I know, I need help. ;)

But I figure monthly goals might be do-able.  Nothing big, but something to aim for!  So I wrote a little list.
Now keep in mind that we are going to be gone for about a week this month.  And I am gearing up for the start of the school year, which you can tell when you read these goals....

 So #1 - "Meal plans & stocking up on staples."  For the past couple weeks I feel like dinner time hits and I am wondering what on earth we are going to eat for dinner. (see above....)  I really don't like making dinner in the summer.  It's hot, the kids & I are outside til 6 pm, and then everyone is starving. Also, I feel like I never have enough of anything, so I'm constantly popping into the grocery store to get a few things....which is bad for my budget and just generally frustrating to be running out of stuff all the time.  Which leads me to...

#2 - "Join BJ's".   We belonged to BJ's for a number of years when we had kids in diapers and it seemed worth the savings.  Then it felt like spending $50 a year to save a few bucks was a waste. Well....now we are to the point in our family when I feel like we eat so much food (and I pack so many lunches) that it makes sense to join again.  And I just got a coupon in the mail to join for only $25.  So back to BJ's I go.  And this is where I can do some stocking up on staples!

#3 - "Enjoy vacation."  This sounds like a no-brainer but I feel a little stressed about vacation.  Not the vacation itself, but the fact that we get back and a day later the kids start the school year!!  EEK!  I send my baby on the big bus to kindergarten!  So, Amy, take a deep breath and realize everyone will be just fine.  Probably overtired, but just fine. :)

#4 - "Start prep for JBF" - This is a big sale where you can re-sell kid/baby stuff.  It's at the end of September and it sneaks up on me every year, so I hope to go through some of the kids' stuff and "downsize" so to speak.  And hopefully make some cash!

#5 - "Audrey's birthday" - Well, this also sneaks up on me every year.  Her birthday is in early September RIGHT after school starts, so maybe I can be ahead on this for once???  She and I actually spent some time discussing what she wants to do for her birthday this evening. :)

So there you have it.  I hope that now that it's written out I can stick to it.  Well, at least SOME of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment