Hoopla green shabby blogs

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Summer Snapshots, Day 41 - A "Date" with Carter

Carter has been begging, begging, begging to play mini golf at a new place he went to last week for a friend's birthday.  So he came up with an idea that he & I could have a "special day" where we could go out together "just the two of us" to play mini golf at this place.  Pretty tricky of him, huh? :)  He knows how to sweet talk his mama.

The sweetest part is that every. single. day. since then he runs up to me multiple times a day and says "MOM!  4 (3, 2, 1) more days til our special day! Aren't you so excited??" 

Just don't refer to what we did together as a "date."  I said we were having a mom & son date, and for some reason, he kept saying "Mom! It's NOT a date!"  He was very insistent about that!

To which I thought to myself - 'when he grows up, he better not be one of those guys who asks a girl out and then insists to his friends or the girl herself that it's not a date....'  Because that would not be cool.

Anyhow, date or not, we had a very special time together.  I loved every single minute of it.  I think he did too.  Except that I beat him AND got 2 "hole in ones".....  :)  What can I say?  I got mini golf skillz.




We finished up with ICE CREAM!  Then he said - "Okay, I want to go home now."  He is a total homebody!

Thanks for a fun time, buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment